In the year 2015, the United Nations (UN) adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that by 2030 all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
The 17 SDGs are integrated—they recognize that action in one area will affect outcomes in others, and that development must balance social, economic and environmental sustainability.
This agenda acts as a point of reference for all national development strategies and plans in both developing and developed Countries. At the core of the Agenda are the three dimensions of sustainable development namely; Social, economic and environmental and recognize their inter-linkages in achieving sustainable development
ABOUT THE SHATI RINDA CAMPAIGN
Thirsty Shona Textiles is a textile and apparel production company based in western Kenya. Our sister organization, Fotophreak Magazine, is a leading Lifestyle and Fashion Magazine with wide readership across East and Central Africa. The organizing team for this campaign has heavily been involved in organizing some of the best fashion events Kenya has witnessed in the recent past.
Our flagship CSR project, THE SHATI RINDA CAMPAIGN, is a last mile uniform donation program to school going children from needy families in Kenya and across Africa. We have already tailored over 200 school uniforms, which we continue to distribute to pre-identified schools in Kenya, mostly in the rural, arid and semi-arid lands, where poverty is most severe, and the level of education is also low.
THE SHATI RINDA CAMPAIGN focuses on achievement of the following 3 goals out of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
– Goal No. 1: No Poverty
– Goal No. 4: Quality Education
– Goal No. 10: Reduced Inequality.
Advancing implementation of the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) on Education, Reduced Inequality and Poverty eradication.
Fostering equality in education, by ensuring children from needy families, rural, arid and semi-arid schools get equal access to proper school uniform.
As Thirsty Shona Textiles, we have already tailored over 170 uniforms as of June 2022, set for donation to needy pupils across 5 primary schools in Western Kenya.
CALL FOR PARTNERS
The Shati Rinda campaign is looking for willing partners and sponsors to join this campaign and be a part of its success.
Partners and sponsors are not restricted on the type of support they would like to offer.
A) Sponsors in media coverage for the campaign in both print and digital formats.
B) Providing a wide range of rewards, gifts, vouchers and other forms of appreciation for the winners
C) Providing necessary, additional items of donation to the beneficiaries, such as shoes, stationery, sports equipment, etc.
D) Sponsors in logistics, packaging and distribution of donated items.
E) Venue sponsors for hosting the awards ceremony at the end of the campaign, among other areas.
BENEFITS TO PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
A) Brand Visibility: All partners and sponsors will be highly mentioned, and placed prominently on all communication materials in both digital and print formats; and during interviews on mainstream tv and features in newspapers with nationwide circulation.
B) Market Reach: The Shati Rinda Campaign is targeting to attract over 50 participating models from at least 24 counties across the country. Since the competition will be conducted online, we are projecting a wide audience reach of over 1.5 million people online, and over 800,000 impressions. The organizers will allow for sponsors and partners to share digital content about their brands, that will be posted across our pages, to benefit from the online traffic.
Physically, we shall also allow our partners to bring their marketing teams during distribution, brand the participating models in the process, and also when they are recording content for rallying their supporters to vote for them.
C) Talent pool: This competition is going to attract some of the best and highly experienced in the Kenyan fashion industry. Sponsors will have a unique opportunity to interact with these models and prime them for their own advertising campaigns in future.
D) More benefits will consequently be added to this package during the competition, and sponsors are also allowed to make their suggestions for consideration.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: GUIDELINE FOR MODELS
1. Complete the participating models registration form here
2. Like and Follow the Shati Rinda Campaign Page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok and LinkedIn.
Invite as many of your friends and supporters as you can, to do the same.
3. Identify an extremely needy school anywhere in Kenya, with pupils that require school uniform.
3. Shoot a less than 2 minutes video on why you chose this school, and why this campaign is important, using SDG Goals no. 1, 4 and 10.
4. Invite people to donate to your campaign via an MPESA PAYBILL NO. that we shall provide, with your code name as the Account Name.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS:
1. Participant who raised the most amount of money for their school. (30 points)
2. Your modeling portfolio – Your achievements/ milestones in the fashion & modeling industry so far. (30 points)
2. Participant who invited the most number of likes and follows for the Shati Rinda Campaign Social Media pages (20 points)
3. Participant with the most number of likes and comments on their Campaign poster. (10 points)
4. Participant with the most inspiring and well executed campaign video (10 points)
BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE: Implementation of the Shati Rinda Campaign.
The Shati Rinda Campaign is a last mile uniform donation program for school going children from needy families in Kenya.
After the competition, the funds raised from this campaign will be used by Thirsty Shona Textiles (textile and apparel production company) for production of school uniforms for the schools chosen by the participants.
Uniforms will be tailored for 20 schools for each of the 20 winners from the competition.
The rest of the participants who did not make it to the Top 20 list will choose which school to support from the list of the first 20 declared winners, and will be allowed to join in the BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE program for the school they have chosen to support.
BENEFITS FOR WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION
1. Becoming the Face of the Shati Rinda Campaign. Nationally and in the county of the school you selected.
2. Tv interviews, Print and Digital Media features on leading newspapers with national circulation.
3. Six months free supply of designer clothing & apparel from Thirsty Shona Textiles. (First female & first male winners only)
4. Professional model profile, photoshoots and dedicated coverage on Fotophreak Magazine for 1 year.
5. Unlimited access to all industry high fashion and pageant modeling events locally.
6. Recommendations to the leading advertising brands and organizations looking for models for different marketing roles in Kenya, East and Central Africa, and across the continent.
6. More gifts and benefits as and when they will be offered by our partners and supporting organizations.