KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO A FEW LOGISTICAL ISSUES TO A FUTURE DATE THAT WILL BE MADE PUBLIC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. OUR SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR INCONVENIENCES CAUSED!! SHARE WIDELY. Original date was the 14th of October 2017.
Modeling for the past years was considered as a waste of time and energy; but of late it is a career in developing countries just like in the developed countries and that people venture in as a source of income. With many pageants that are being held from the county levels in Kenya to national and international levels, they have brought a lot of glory to Kenya both nationally and internationally.
The pageants have also taken some of the Kenyan companies far in terms of business mileage. Despite all these benefits, Kenyan models have been facing quite a number of challenges that have never been tackled. Kenya Models Conference is an event that will be hosted by Mr/Miss Trade East Africa and Fotophreak Magazine.
The purpose of this conference is to address key challenges in the modeling industry and forge ways out of how the government can empower the industry and the models. It is also meant as an initiative for the government to tap into the talents available in Kenya. The conference is planned to mark the auditions of Mr/Miss trade East Africa that will be happening in December at K.I.C.C.
The event will be opened by the deputy president William Ruto who will be accompanied by the Nairobi City County governor Mike Sonko, the CS in charge of Sports, Culture and Arts among other government dignitaries. In attendance will also be some Kenyan celebs in fashion industry, sports, media and music industry.
The conference is set to have experienced professionals in the industry both local and international. International agencies and designers will be participating too. Kenyan modeling agencies and designers are also set to feature in a big way. Click HERE to register
The following are some of the great speakers we’ll be having at the event and the topics they will each be addressing
- CS STATE DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
- How can the government tap talents in modeling industry?
- Government empowering modeling and allocating it an office in the country so that models can have a central point in government where their concerns can be met by the government.
- How can the government help establish partnership with private entities in supporting high fashion events and pageants?
- The responsibilities of government and county governments in supporting Miss Tourism and Mr/Miss Kenya.
- How can the industry be regulated to eliminate and curb fraud cases?
- KCB TUJIAJIRI, MARKETING MANAGER KCB
- How KCB foundation will be supporting models, high fashion and pageants.
- Opportunities in banking for Kenyan models.
- Modeling academies.
- Models opportunities in Brands, Marketing Manager. Oppo Mobile phones
- Personal Branding for models. Joseph
- FOTOPHREAK MAGAZINE, MANAGING DIRECTOR
- The plight of university and college pageantries in Kenya
- A day in the life of a Kenyan model
- Understanding modeling as a career and misconception about being a model. Director, Dimes Creative.
- Model Careers in Advertising. C.E.O Times Ltd. South Africa
- Behind modeling. How to improve modeling industry in Kenya. The Do’s and Don’t s in modeling. Handling an interview. How models can market themselves. Jamal Onage. Afrika Nasaha Production.
- The highway of infinite opportunities. Marketing Manager. Uber Kenya.
- The achievements in modeling industry. Felix Ntabo. Model Society.
- Plenary (The way forward in improving modeling industry in Kenya)
- Justus Anzaya, Journalist and C.E.O QuestPR and Communication Consultants Ltd.
- CS State Department of Arts and Culture
- Grace Johnsons. Director. Nigeria Model Fashion.
- KCB Tujiajiri Marketing manager
- Gender and Youth Affairs Director
- Ministry of sports representative
WHY FASHION DESIGNERS SHOULD GRAB THE OPPORTUNITY AND EXHIBIT AT THE CONFERENCE
- Opportunity to grow your brand
- National recognition
- East African, African and International recognition
- Purchase orders by the attendees, both models and Kenyan celebrities.
- Assigned models to showcase your brand
WHY SHOULD MODELS ATTEND THE EVENT?
- Take part in transforming the industry to the standards that they have always dreamed of.
- Formation of an organ in the government that will be charged with the responsibility of looking into the affairs of the modeling society in Kenya.
- Partnership deals for models by various companies
- Models will get an opportunity to be signed by international agencies
- Opportunity to be signed by Kenyan, East African and African agencies.
- Business deals to be made during the conference
It will be important for your brand to feature during this event because the event possesses a lot of benefits to your brand. Brand publicity, brand sale, brand advertising, marketing and activation, brand ambassadors among many other benefits.
This is therefore a call to all the fashion designers looking to expand their markets to register on this link for a chance to showcase at the event. If you are a model and would like to be among the the models doing the runway that day Click HERE to Register. Other industry stakeholders including ushers, photographers and other media groups are also asked to sign up HERE.
Share widely and let us know what you think by commenting down below. You can also add your suggestions on which other topics do you think need to be addressed at the conference.